This tutorial shows how to create a greeting card by combining two image layers and a text layer on a PC using a free image editing app. What you end up with is graphics ‘sandwich’ that you can print in as many copies as you desire. These can be holiday cards, birthday cards, invitations and anything else with graphics/text mix requirement.
What you need is:
- some creative imagination to get the desired results
- image editing app with layers and text features
- the digital photos you want to use to create your greeting card
- some good images downloaded from the internet to use as frames, free with restrictions
- the knowledge, where required, of how to credit the author of images you have downloaded from the internet (more about this later)
Image editing app with layers and text features
I discuss free image editing apps in this article rather than paid ones like Photoshop.